Skip to main content
Ever noticed that horses when given a choice avoid standing or walking in mud?  So why, is it that the first sunny day they just can't resist a good deep roll in the gooyest gunck?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Begins

The Equine’s Apprentice I grew up with a never-ending thirst for horses.  Though my family was not wealthy nor were they ranchers or farms I had, as a child and youth, reoccurring opportunities for some interactions with horses.  These were times of pleasure and meaningful to be sure but in retrospect they were at best, superficial engagements that only touched the surface of the equus spirit. My real engagement with horses came late in life.  I was 56 years old and had grudgingly but haltingly accepting the growing body of evidence that I wasn’t getting any younger.  If I was going to have horses in my life, the time was now or never.  So with that decision I jumped, head long, into a world of frustrations – contentment, disappointment – fulfillment, anger – calm, confusion – clarity, rejection – acceptance – in short, a roller-coaster ride that stirred the depths of a life time of unresolved emotional turmoil.  I didn’t expect the spirit of the equi...

Relaxed but Vigilant

Posted via email from Equine's Apprentice